Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 6 Day 7 Day 8 and Day 9

So I am a little behind on my blog... I am new at this write your life everyday thing.

TODAY IS ALPHA KAPPA ALPHA'S 105th YEAR OF EXISTENCE! Happy founders' day to all my sisters! I love my sorority and will uphold it's goals and values! Janurary 15, 1908!

I digress.. this fast has truly chnaged my outlook on things. I am more conscious of how foods I put in my body affect me, and how saying 'no' to yourself is rather gratifying. The weekend was rather difficult. Friday was a hectic day and all I wanted was a margarita and some chips and salsa. Guess where my line sister's going away party was? Yes, a mexican restaurant. I am so very happy I ate before I went or I would have definitely been casting demons out of myself. Then Saturday was football. Of course football is in a long term relationship with pizza, wings, beer etc etc etc. I am so glad Mario and I just sat at home and watch the game by ourselves.

Youversion.com has sent me through the story of  Noah and into Abram (Abraham- but I am not there yet). It reads so well! I am currently going back and forth between a paraphrase version (NLT) and a direct translation (NASB) version to help me read the stories. It is hard to read NASB and not get a little lost with the gist of the story, but NLT paraphrases and takes out meaningful detail, therefore, I read the NLT and then follow it with the NASB or if I am feeling scholarly the NKJV.
Saturday: Genesis 10 and 11
Sunday: No readings
Monday: Genesis 12 and 13
Tuesday:  Genesis 14, 15, and 16

The gateway cities for these past few days are the following:
Day 6: Shanghai, China
Day 7: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Day 8 San Francisco, California
Day 9: Los Angeles, California

To many, these are two sets of cities, but they are all the same. Large cities with much influence, yet they are the epicenters of some of the worst sins known to man. Sex trafficking, promescuity, gluttony.... I pray that these cities will lose their reputations. That they become known for their good and not their evil deeds!

Saturday's Meals:

Breakfast
none (slept in a tad late)

Lunch
Whole wheat pasta and Marinara sauce with Steamed Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Carrots

Dinner
Whole wheat pasta and Marinara sauce with Steamed Broccoli, Cauliflower, and Carrots (it was a lazy saturday)

Sunday's Meals:

Breakfast
Red beans and Brown Rice

Lunch
Red beans and Brown Rice

Dinner
Poblano Pepper, Scrambled Eggs, Black Beans, and Corn Meal Patty (My failed attempt at corn tortillas)

Snack
Baked Sweet Potato "Fries"

Monday's Meals"

Breakfast
Banana

Mid morning snack
Organic No Sugar Added Apple Sauce

Lunch
Chinese steamed veggies

Dinner
Brown Rice Pilaf
Sweet Potato "Fries"

Today's Meals

Breakfast
2 Scrambled Eggs, Sweet Potato "Fries"

Lunch
Brown Rice Pilaf

Snack
Apple

Dinner
Chickpea, tomato, and kale salad

I am going to try my hand at chickpea nuts tonight. If they turn out well they will definitely be a good snack!

KCC- 1/15/2013 

No comments:

Post a Comment