Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 10 and Day 11

I will get back on track with this blog one day. Work from 8-5; cooking, eating, and cleaning 5-6:30; studying from 6:30-10/10:30pm... I just haven't found where to blog exactly. But I am proud to day that I have completed exactly 50% of this fast, and I am very proud of my progress. I feel much more rejuvenated, my skin is clear, and I am just more happy overall. I think it is a combination of eating so cleanly and the inner joy of doing something so satisfying.

Two days ago I made a batch of chickpeas from dried chickpeas. I took some and roasted them to make "chickpea nuts" (recipe from: http://www.food.com/recipe/chickpea-nuts-463012). They are salty, crunchy, spicy, and down right delicious. I sauteed some chickpeas with kale, carrot, onion, and garlic which was good with roasted sweet potato. After all that, I still have a good amount that I could do something with and still haven't figured it out. I saw this recipe for a chickpea salad which mimics tuna fish salad which I like a lot. The only ingredient which I am not sure about is the mayonnaise. Of course mayo is just whipped oil and egg and mine is imitation mayo so it is just whipped oil. But in my heart mayo isn't something you should have on a cleansing fast. There are definitely other options to the mayonnaise, but some aren't so budget friendly like unpreserved hummus and/or don't sound appetizing like "veganaise". (chickpea of the sea recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/chickpea-nuts-463012) I would really like to use this recipe once I am off the fast as an alternative to tuna since tuna fish has so much mercury. I wouldn't even mind mixing 1 can of tuna with some mashed chickpeas to "thin it out".  


So last night I tried my hand at a sugar free orange glazed stir fry of broccoli, carrot, celery, and onion. It was disastrous and barely edible. One of my few creations that just did not taste good, Ginger, garlic, and orange sounded good in my head, but apparently sugar is in so much Chinese food because it is necessary to balance it all out. It was healthy and cleansing with all the fresh ingredients, so I ate it with brown rice, but it was hard to get down. Ginger is very powerful and overwhelming. I will try this one again, but I must make sure I use less ginger, and make sure my oranges are Sunkist sweet! I might even do a mandarin orange stir fry with Mandarin oranges in it to ensure sweetness.

Today's gateway cities are Las Vegas, Nevada and Washington, D.C.
I love these cities because they are known cities. These aren't remote cities in some random thrid world country, but major ports and tourist attractions. I pray that the people who are led to go to these two cities don't get blinded by the familiarity and bling of these cities. That they can focus is such blinding lights places!

SO! My readings for today were Genesis 20-23. This is the story of Abraham. Part of this is when he is blessed with Isaac, and then has to "sacrifice" him. I think this story emphasizes the need for obidience in our relationship with God. This is a display of blind faith, and God never fails so he comes through in time to deliver Isaac from the sacrifice and provides a ram! This is one powerful story!


Source: newsyoucanbelieve.com

Well another weekend is approaching and I am praying for strength. I am very grateful for this fast. I am learning discipline like never before. After studying 3 hours a night I normally turn to junk food as a comfort, as the replacement to watching tv and relaxing. Eating better and being disciplined in my diet and studying are a far better match. I know this sounds like common sense, but it is amazing how powerful your diet is on your mental state and physical overall well being.

Wenesday's Menu
Breakfast
Fruit mix (apple, orange, banana)

Lunch
Roasted Sweet Potato
Kale, tomato, and chickpea

Dinner
Orange Ginger Vegetable Stir Fry

Snack
Roasted Chickpea Nuts

Today's Menu
Breakfast
Apple (had tons of water and couldn't eat much)

Snack
Roasted Chickpea Nuts

Lunch
Kale, tomato, and chickpea
Brown rice
Orange

Dinner
Orange Ginger Vegetable Stir Fry (-_-)

No comments:

Post a Comment