Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21...22

Clearly I need to better practice blogging. It is definitely on the back burner as studying and everything else comes to the forefront. The next fast or blog I do will not be put off as this one has

The last few days of the fast were the hardest for me. I began to eat out at Chipotle and bbbop asian restaurant (Daniel fast friendly restaurtants) more. Cooking in advance went to the way side and I found myself wanting to bend the rules more and more. Stress built up, room mates made cinnamonrolls (from scratch), and my will power got a run for its money. I found myself just not wanting to eat, yet hungrier than ever before. I cheated and went to an Asian buffet with the fiance after a open house for UNT's Medical Master's program, therefore, I am extending the fast for 1/2 more days. I have a new batch of vegan beans which will be consumed today.

The prayers of the days were to be focused on the following:

Day 16: Carrollton Campus
Day 17: Crossroads Campus
Day 18: Colleyville Campus
Day 19: McKinney Campus
Day 20: Texoma Transition
Day 21: Family/Business/Career
I pray that each campus is a vessle to spread God's truth, to better the community with out judgement, and to serve everyone it can! Day 21 was a special prayer for myself. I am taking the MCAT is April. I am not longer scared but excited. It is now clear to me that if I give my 100% God will cover anything that is left. I cannot rely on him and be lazy, but if I give it my all and my all is not good enough... He will come through to finish the race on my behalf. I took my practice test on the weekend I would have taken the MCAT before rescheduling and I made a 27. I need that to be a 30, so I know where I need to go from here!
Instead of listing each menu I have the following highlights of the fast and the past few days.
Awesome foods:
Creamy red beans with brown rice was a nice food to eat while on the fast. Filling and they cook themselves. Soak 2lbs of dried red beans over night. Boil with 2 bay leaves, 2 tsp salt, 2 tsp pepper, 2 tsp cayenne, 1 tbls onion power, 1 tbls garlic powder; 1 tsp garlic salt.
I made a great flat bread pizza. The dough was a chapati recipe which I put a tomato paste based sauce (1 can tomato paste, 1 can tomato sauce, crushed red pepper flakes, garlic powder, garlic salt, onion powder, italian seasoning) and my veggies (pineapple, onion, jalapeno). Oven was on 400 for about 20 minutes. I didn't follow a recipe, so the dough wasn't cooked well through. I decided to griddle the bottom of the pizza after cooking. Best idea ever. The crust became crispy and crunchy! It was my go-to meal for almost every meal. I made a medium fried egg on top and it was breakfast! It also helped curb the need for carbs in my life. I can't wait to make this with baking powder

and cheese :)
Asian stirfry using clemetine (cuties) juice, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper on top of fresh never frozen broccoli, carrots, snow peas, onion, and garlic. This eaten with brown "fried" rice or gluten free rice noodles.

Chipotle was my friend. Their brown rice, in house made vegetarian black beans, the veggie toppings, and guacamole was appreciated. I probably went overboard and exceeded my financial budget by eating it 3 times in one week. But it definitely made running from one place to another with no time for food especially easier. Bbbop is a place off greenville in Dallas. They are an Asian style chipotle. Pick your startch (brown rice, boodles, steamed rice, etc) and pick your five vegetables which you can have raw or sauteed. They also have great sauces to choose from. Their only Daniel's fast friendly sauce is the yellow coconut curry sauce which is fine by me. I do miss siracha (has sugar).

Wrap up:
Over the course of this fast I finished Genesis (which is rather long), and began Job. Genesis is a never ending cycle of the same curses and blessings. Reconfirmed my belief in family cycles. Unfortunately, I didn't read about anyone who was able to break their curses, but some who lost their blessings. This reconfirmed that God is always there every step of the way. Job is difficult to read and I may have to re-read it a couple of times to figure it all out. I truly don't understand all the dialogues and am having a hard time understanding who is speaking, who is using cinnicism, and who is out rigt sarcastic. But as I continue my 365 days of reading, I pray that I am able to open my mind, heart, and soul, to what the Lord has written for us!
 The food on the daniel's fast is amazing for your body and mind. It allows your body to cleanse itself, while still eating. I would definitely try this again with gluten free or all raw added to it. A bigger challenge, but much more drastic results.

The Daniel's Fast.... cleanse, refocus, get closer!

O, and what you all probably want to know. I started the fast as 5'2" (almost), 140lbs, full size 8. I am now still 5'2"... shocking!!, 135lbs, size 6, but I wore a dress which was a size 4 for my engagement photos on Day 20!

Until I have something else to blog about!

KCC 1/28/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment