Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 5

It's Friday! I am so glad that it is Friday it should be a shame. Plus it isn't cold today! HALLELUJAH! To be honest I don't feel like blogging today so we shall see how this post goes.

Source:http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/ddc/a61/360/resized/friday-meme-generator-so-happy-it-s-friday-e08ee2.jpg?1344626126.jpg
I am still bloated and do not know how to remedy it. I have continued to drink copious amount of water with no avail. Clearly I should be eating more fiber regularly. I have definitely shocked my poor gut, and it has no clue how to deal with it.

My youversion.com God's Story Chronological reading was a nice read this morning: Genesis 8 & 9 and Psalm 12. Genesis 8&9 is about the flood waters retreating, the dove finding land, God's promise to never flood us out of existence symbolised by the rainbow, and Noah cursing Canaan and the Canaanites. That last part is controversial and confusing. First, a little background. Noah gets drunk and in his drunkenness ends up butt naked in a tent. Ham (the youngest) finds his father passed out and butt out. Ham find this beyond hilarious and calls his brothers to come see the spectacle. His brothers in fact do not find this event funny and honorably- walking backwards to avoid looking at their bare father- place a covering over their father. When Noah wakes up hungover (yes, the Bible says he was hungover), he is angry when he finds out what Ham did. He commences to curse Ham's youngest child (Canaan), and all his people to be slaves to the relatives/decendents of Shem (the honorable older son). I didn't understand why Noah would curse Canaan and not Ham, so I went online to see some explanations. In my quest I found that this passage was one of the passages used by slave holders to religiously confirm slavery in America. Ham apparently can be translated as "black", although it actually means "warm", but those are close right...? Any who, some people thought that this meant that all the dark people of the world (the "decedents of Ham" should be enslaved by the "decedents of Shem"... 100points who guesses which relatives the slave holders thought they were.... YEA. So, this infuriated me and I don't even understand why Noah cursed Canaan instead of Ham. I guess I will have to take that to my pastor.

Cochin, India is the focus for today.
From time immemorial, the Arabs, British, Chinese, Dutch, and Portuguese have left indelible marks on the history and development of Cochin. Over the years, Cochin has emerged as the commercial and industrial capital of Kerala and is perhaps the second most important city on the west coast of India (after Mumbai/Bombay). Cochin is proud of its world class port and international airport that link it to many major cities worldwide.
source:http://www.cochin.org/


Christian church in Cochin, Kochi Kerala India
Source: http://www.lightstalkers.org/images/show/513888
This gateway city is huge. This is Bollywood. I am not sure my pastor's goal in this city or why he chose it. Maybe it is because they have such a hand in media around the world and can influence it greatly? Whatever the desire to go to Cochin is, I pray for stamina and adaptation. India is a hard place to adapt to live. There are many diseases, no AC, and densely populated. I pray that the missionaries are fearless enough to walk hand in and with a leper, or to go the orphanages to play with the children. God's light can shine through them in ways scripture cannot. I pray that they are the living word!

No on to the Daniel's fast. I am just now noticing how abrupt my transitions are. I will definitely work on that in the future. But I digress. I am not craving anything, but as we go into the weekend this might change. Everyone will be going out, eating out, eating crap, but I will be eating kale and chickpeas... pizza or chickpeas... hot wings or kale... this will be my walk through the shadows of fattening foods and Lord knows I need Him as my guide! I had whole wheat chapatis and I don't think that helped my bloating. I will definitely watch my wheat intake as it is a hard grain to digest. Back to brown rice it is!

Today's Meals:

Breakfast
Banana

Snack
Asian Pear

Lunch
Green banana stew with kale
Sampling of curried chickpeas and chapati

Dinner
Kale and lentil mash

When I made my red beans I made a double batch and froze half. I will definitely take those down for next week!

That's all folks!
KCC 1/11/13  

No comments:

Post a Comment