Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 1

Lord give me energy! I am so tired today. The rain and cool weather is not helping. That urge to curl up into a ball and sleep is beyond overwhelming. I just need a fireplace, a blanket, and some tea... ahhh.

Well, this morning I woke up very bloated (tmi?). I have to deduce that I am not drinking enough water during the day which is making the switch to such a high fiber diet more difficult for my body. More fiber= more bacteria= more gas. My goal is to drink 4 liters of water consciously per day. I have a liter water bottle so I can keep track. 1 bottle between breakfast and lunch, another between lunch and dinner, another between dinner and 9pm. and the last one from 9pm until sleep time. We will see how productive I am at work with this change... or maybe I can just move my computer and desk to the bathroom!

I enjoy the fast so far, despite small cravings, but I woke up very hungry this morning. My smoothie at 7 held me until breakfast at 9, but my breakfast did not hold me until my 12 o'clock lunch. I felt like my stomach was going to implode or completely digest itself. Definitely that after church I didn't eat breakfast before coming and now it is 1 o'clock and could eat McDonald's off the McDonald's bathroom floor feeling. Not a good look. I don't think it is a lack of protein so I will have to figure out something to curb this appetite of mine, which has never been small. Smaller meals more spread out would leave me grazing all day which isn't conducive to working in a lab with chemicals that cause mutations.

Today's gateway city is Tehran, Iran. Tehran is another city where there are a handlful of orthodox Christians (can count on 1 hand), but Islam rules this city.
Muslim 98% (Shi’a 89%, Sunni 9%), other (includes Zoroastrian,
Jewish, Christian, and Baha’i) 2%
Source:http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL34021.pdf
 There are beautiul mosque on every corner. Despite how beautiful it is still a scary place to go with God's word. I pray for steadfastness and dedication to those who venture. May the ones who can provide financially, do so. Lastly, may we all keep them in our prayers not just the first day, but everyday after!

Source:http://www.satimagingcorp.com/gallery/quickbird-iran-tehran-azadi-tower.html
My reading today was Genesis 3, 4, and 5. This is Adam and Eve's fall and the first sin of Cain killing Abel. While I was reading I came to the realization that I need to declare in my life or prophesy over myself (completely unrelated to my text... I know). Therefore, today, I declare that I will walk in greatness. That I will have the wisdom to chose the best decisions for my life. I declare that I will walk in righteousness and be a blessing to those around me. I declare that I will excell in all I do!

Source:http://www.artbible.info/art/large/291.html
That's about it, so here are my meals.


Today's Meals:

Pre-breakfast
1 Banana, 1/3 cup frozen blackberry, 1/3 frozen strawberry, 2 medium oranges blend

Breakfast
1 egg and 1/3 potato hash

Lunch
Red beans and brown rice

Snack:
1 egg and 1/3 potato hash

Dinner
Lentil soup with green beans

Study Snack
Banana

I have modified my Daniel's fast to include eggs to maintain my health. This is not in following with the fast 100%. I am adding this meat protein due to my allergies to soy and nuts which is where most others will get their sufficient supply of protein. If I find a almond butter (or other tree nut butter) that is not produced with peanuts and is sugar free then I will substitute that for my eggs.

KCC 1/9/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment