Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 4

And now we are building The Ark. My youversion.com ""God's Story: One Year Chronological Plan" has gotten to Genesis 6 and 7, where God looks at his creation and says "backspace...delete". I have to wonder if I am living a life that God would want to delete? I know God created a new covenant with man that He will not destroy us with water again (fire is still a viable option lol), and then sent Jesus to redeem us. BUT if I was under the Adam and Eve casted out of Eden covenant, would I fall short. DEFINITELY. Struck down... drowned... whatever. Thank God for Jesus... no really... Thank you God for Jesus and His redemptive power over us!

Source:http://bloodstainedink.wordpress.com/2012/02/09/noahs-ark-to-receive-the-130-million-silver-screen-treatment/
Today our focus of prayer is Instanbul, Turkey. This is another influential city, being the largest in Turkey. Instanbul attracts millions of tourists. Unfortunately, there is serious danger going into Instanbul and proclaiming freedom of religion and Christianity. My prayers go to those who are missioning out there. May God speak to them daily, and may they keep in their hearts why those chose to leave the comforts of their homes to follow Christ!

I cannot lie and say that I am just skipping merrily along with this fast. I am craving candy and tacos. I figured the tacos would come and I can remedy that with black beans and a corn tortilla with salsa, but the candy. I have never had a sweet tooth so it is definitely throwing me for a loop. To keep my mind off of what I can't have I have been looking into all the delicious recipes I can have. I was blessed to do mission work in Kenya in Summer 2012 (kelsey2kenya.blogspot.com) and I fell in love with their foods. Fortunately for me many are Daniel's Fast approved. Matoke is a plantain dish which was delectable. It is usually made with beef and or beef stock, so I will be removing that from the ingredients. Ndengu Stew or Green Grams Stew. In America green grams are mung beans. Lentils, which were cooked and look very similar to green grams. Last but not least Chapati. Chapati is a flat bread made to go with stews. It is made with whole wheat flour, water, and a pinch of salt. I have made these before and am mastering the puffing technique needed to make them airy. To clarify, in Kenya they were dense and clearly fried (yea, fried bread... definitely thought I was going to lose weight in Kenya, SIKE)! For this fast, since it is to be cleansing, these chapati's will be made with little to no oil in a South Indian style.

Green grams or Lentils. Both will look the same.
Chapatis/Flat Bread 
Matoke with Kale or Greens
Source: http://migrationology.com/2011/06/kenyan-food-overview-20-of-kenyas-best-dishes/



Today's Menu

Breakfast
Egg, Bean, and Salsa Chapati Roll up

Lunch
Lentil soup and Brown Rice

Dinner
Okra Curry with Fresh Cilantro, Lime, and Chapati

Snack
Carrots

I am not sure who is viewing this blog, but I would love your comments, feedback, or questions!

Hopefully, I haven't bored you to death on my blog yet. I don't usually blog or do anything like this, so I hope you enjoyed it.

KCC 1/10/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment